Saturday, December 11, 2010

高尾山 : Takaosan : Mt. Takao

I climbed a mountain.

That sentence still shocks me. I climbed a mountain on Sunday, the 5th of December. This non-outdoorsy Texan climbed a mountain. I thought I was going to almost die on my journey up the mountain, but I sure did survive the way up and the way back down (thanks to my Edward).

This excursion was the most liberating experience in my life. The scenery was just AMAZING!~ Listening to music while I strolled up the mountain... Okay, more like huffed and puffed up the mountain... was just so relaxing. The sky was so clear. The weather was so nice. It was the perfect everything to go on a hike, enjoy nature, and have a picnic at the top of the mountain. I was able to just relax and chill on top of the mountain and read a book. It was just great. And surprisingly, I want to go again. Maybe several agains. You can't do this back home. Well, no where a short train ride away.

Thanks to my lovely coworkers, I was able to accomplish one of my goals in life: climb a mountain. (And maybe, I can tackle Mt. Fuji in the summer?) Mt. Takao was filled with more than nature and people, there were shops and yum food! I didn't get to try everything just a great bowl of udon. The sesame dango sure did look delish! There was also a lucky octopus statue you rub! And there were little statues that wore cute little crocheted beanies someone made for them! There was also a very interesting shrine that people were ringing gongs and things. And.... LOVE CHARMS! Yeah... My coworkers were super stoked about the love charms. I thought... "what the hey!" And shokku! I got the "luckiest" one. Idk. They keep telling me my fortunes are supposedly the best and the luckiest, but where is my Edward? Speaking of Edward, the tall trees always remind me of Edward. I was hoping he would flash out of nowhere and save me if I slipped. Well, I did slip on my way down the mountain, and someone did catch me by grabbing onto my panda backpack. Was it my Edward?

Pictures!
The beginning of the journey


Love Charms
You pick one out of the box.
If your fortune is so-so, you tie it on the thing. If it's great like mine, you keep it with you.

The top of Mt. Takao!~
You can see Mt. Fuji!~

THE END
Made it to the bottom in one piece. They completely KOed on the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment