Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Once Upon a Time

[[Image stolen from: maily_tran. Hope you don't mind. ;)]]

I'm no princess, and there wasn't a prince who asked me to marry him. Let's just say I ran away from the typical dating scene back home because I am not emotionally available for any of that. And to be honest it scares the living shit out of me. So, I guess in a way by packing up my things and moving abroad I am saying "no" to all the potential boys. 미안!~

Am I living happily every after running away from home? Hell the fuck yeah! Living abroad in Japan and Korea have been such great experiences. I've traveled around the two countries and to other countries and talk about culture shocks. I've met such amazing people throughout the past couple of years. Being away from my family who cradle me in their arms, I've learned to deal and live on my own (for the most part). Oh, but Facebook and video chatting with family and friends at home sure did help keep me sane on this side of the world.

"She hooked up with some cute guys and nobody thought she was a slut." Uhhh... Well, let's just say I had my fair share of hotties with bodies here in Korea. ㅋㅋㅋ. Korea definitely has my vote for cuties versus Japan. Sorry, Japan. However, dating in Korea is very challenging as a foreigner. From all the trial-and-errors, the results have been the same. They're all 
씨발놈s. I probably just have bad luck. So, I've come to realize that I need to go back home to do the whole dating thing... when I'm ready that is. 

My motto (or Rocko's): You just do you and Umma do me! Hahaha! I've been teaching and preaching to friends who stress out about silly boys that they need to take care of their number one and that is themselves. In the far future, there will be a husband and possible children to take care of... It's hard to put yourself first then. Might as well be shellfish now. :3 (or find a man who puts you first... whatever...)


This image I found on instagram (thanks to Lily) made me happy. I've been all about fairy tales and happily ever afters, but I'm not really down with the whole damsel in distress and prince charming coming to the rescue. I'm tired of waiting, and plus I'm a bit of a control freak who likes to take care of things myself. I like this more realistic "once upon a time." I feel like this one was written for me. Except that I've went to Kpop concerts instead of rock concerts. And making tons of money? My teacher salary is somewhat enough to fund my travels and shopping habits... I could use more... And I don't know if my family and friends think I'm fucking cool as hell. Teehee!

Just wanted to share this picture and my thoughts because ladies... You don't need to make him a damn sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment