Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day! (>///<)~♡

Surprisingly, Valentine's Day wasn't so depressing. I think Christmas Eve was WAY worse. The Japanese are really out of whack when it comes to celebrating holidays. Christmas Eve is a couples holiday. It's like Valentine's Day in America, but WORSE~! And New Years is a time spent with the family, which makes sense to me since the Lunar New Year is a time with my family and friends (minus this year).

And now, Valentine's Day is the day where GIRLS give chocolates to BOYS. Once again, Japan has got it backwards. On this day, girls make chocolate candies and cakes for the boy they like. Like I would really make chocolates or cakes for a boy that I want to CONFESS to... Pish posh. I did want to get into the Japanese Valentine's Day spirit though, especially with the Meiji chokoreeto jingle that plays in the commercial. It seriously sent subliminal messages to me saying that I HAD TO make chocolates using Meiji chocolates. So, the first try was a little bit of a failure, but the second time was significantly better!

First Trial:

Second Trial:

My Valentines
I received my first box of chocolates from a little girl I teach. ♡

I had a scrumptious meal in Mitsukoshi department store located in Ginza. I went to the Korean restaurant that had great food and great music playing. And then I headed to Takashimaya for dessert! I ordered the black sesame parfait. It had black sesame ice cream, vanilla ice cream, mochi, chestnut, red bean, black sesame jelly, and a little cookie roll.

And to top the night off, I took my first purikura this lunar new year and karaoked. What more can a girl ask for? Well, SNOW!~ It's my first time experiencing snow like tonights. It snowed so much that it started sticking and collecting. Outside my window right now is a magical, snow-covered world.

No comments:

Post a Comment